Saal Hospital under Flames Of Fire, 100 Evacuated
AHMEDABAD: SAL Hospital at Thaltej was under fire created panic among patients and their relatives on Thursday evening.
The Ahmadabad Fire And Emergency Services (AFES) took two-and-a-half hour operation to control the flames and smoke. AFES officials said that the probable reason for the incident is short-circuit in a biomedical equipment store room. About 100 persons trapped on the floor were evacuated by AFES using snorkels.
Entrance was blocked for the AFES operation for over two hours. Officials said that none of the patients were affected in the incident.
One relative of a patient, said he rushed into the foyer after finding out about the blaze and tried to start the hospital’s fire fighting system, by using the firehouses and fire extinguishers. However, by that time a Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services (AFES) team had arrived and started their operations