Tag Archives: Fire
Man Dies After Clothes Catch Fire From His Beedi
In a freak accident, a 72-year-old man died here on Monday after his clothes caught fire from a 'beedi' he was smoking, police said. A police officer told IANS that Jaichand Vidhuri, 72, died in Govindpuri area of south Delhi on Monday afternoon, after his kurta he was wearing caught fire as a sp..
2 Killed As Fire Engulfs Building In Islamabad
At least two persons were killed and another was injured when a fire erupted in a government building in Islamabad on Sunday, the media reported. The building houses several government and private offices and was located in the red zone area of the capital near embassies and Parliament. Rescue..
In Pics: Huge Fire Breaks Out In London Apartment Building
Huge Fire Breaks Out In London Apartment A massive fire broke out in a 24-storey apartment building here on Wednesday, with flames s..
Fire Breaks Out In Hyderabad Lodge; 30 Rescued
Firefighters rescued 30 people from a lodge, where fire broke out in the early hours on Wednesday, in Shamshabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad, police said. The fire, suspected to be caused by short-circuit, engulfed first two floors of the eight-storey building of Anupama Residency lodge. The gu..
Uttar Pradesh: 24 Charred To Death, 14 Suffer Burns As Bus Catches Fire
At least 24 passengers were charred to death and 14 suffered burns when a state-run bus burst into flames after crashing into a lorry on the national highway Bareily, Uttar Pradesh in wee hours. The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation bus, carrying 41 passengers from Delhi, was on its ..
Fire At The Sets Of Sanjay Dutt’s “Bhoomi”; Aditi Rao Hydari Escapes Unhurt
Actress Aditi Rao Hydari escaped unhurt when fire broke out on the set of Sanjay Dutt's comeback film, "Bhoomi". Aditi was shooting a wedding song when the blaze erupted. The incident happened late on Thursday evening in Mumbai's RK studio and the shooting had to be stopped for the day as the ..
12 Year Old Boy Set Himself On Fire After Watching Cartoon Film
A 12-year-old boy allegedly set himself afire after watching a cartoon film on television and later succumbed to his burns. The Balapur police received information on June 1 that Jayadeep Madugula was found in flames at around 10 am on the terrace of his grandparents' residence on the Hyderabad c..
Indian, Pakistani Army Trade Heavy Fire Along LoC
Indian and Pakistani troops on Saturday traded heavy fire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, a defence officer said. The Pakistani troops initiated the ongoing firing exchange in Poonch district's Krishna Ghati sector since 9.20 a.m., Defence Ministry spokesman, Lieutenant Colo..
Saal Hospital under Flames Of Fire, 100 Evacuated
AHMEDABAD: SAL Hospital at Thaltej was under fire created panic among patients and their relatives on Thursday evening. The Ahmadabad Fire And Emergency Services (AFES) took two-and-a-half hour operation to control the flames and smoke. AFES officials said that the probable r..
Fire In Delhi’s Antriksh Bhawan
A fire broke out on Wednesday in Antriksh Bhawan here, following which 17 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, officials said. The fire was brought under control within an hour. The blaze broke out at the 11th floor of the Antriksh Bhawan building located on Kasturba Gandhi Marg in central De..